What sets NVFC apart?
- Expert teachers, center-like environment with the comforts of home and intimacy of family.
- Low ratio and positive guidance supporting social-emotional development and active child-led problem solving (1:4).
- Daily documentation – each day teachers record individual narratives of children’s activities, learning and development (notes on food, sleep, potty/diapering etc.)
- Photographs of activities and outings are published each day on our closed social media page.
- A majority of the morning is spent outside in our child-friendly outdoor space; interacting with the resident flock of chickens, picking apples from the backyard trees and playing with Snoopy the dog.
- Children learn through play, through inquiry-based emergent curriculum and projects.
- Healthy, worldly, organic meals, freshly prepared daily.
- Family focused care, collaborative relationships with families for consistency of care.
How children learn
- Children learn through play in a rich environment filled with loose parts and open-ended play objects.
- Design play spaces that act as ‘third teachers.’
- Celebrate children’s uniqueness and interests.
- We don’t ‘teach’ – teachers observes expand and depend learning through reflecting wi
th children, and encourage curiosity and inquiry.
- Develop authentic relationships, based in respect, trust and acceptance.